M:oving long distance is an exciting but often stressful experience. It is important to plan ahead and be prepared for the move so it can go as smoothly as possible. Here are some tips to help make your long-distance move a success:
1. Research moving companies: Get quotes from several different companies before you choose the right one for you. Make sure the company is reputable and licensed, as well as insured for your protection. Check if they have US DOT and MC number. It is required, and illegal if they don’t. Is there insurance in place?
2. Create an inventory of items you’re shipping: Making a list of all the items you are sending with the moving company can help ensure that everything arrives safely and on time at your new home. Consider moving insurance (different than liability insurance).
3. Hire professional movers: If you are making a long-distance move, it is highly recommended to hire professional movers. Professional movers have the experience and knowledge necessary to ensure your belongings arrive safely at their destination.
4. Pack items securely: It’s important to pack all of your items in secure boxes that are well sealed with tape. Label all boxes and make sure to include a detailed description of what is inside each one.
5. Don’t forget important documents: Make sure you take all of your important documents, such as birth certificates, passports, and driver’s licenses with you when you move.
7. Prepare for the arrival of your items: Make sure you have room in your new house or apartment ready to accept the shipment when it arrives. Also, be sure to keep any receipts from the shipping company so that if there are any issues or damages with the delivery, you are able to submit a claim for compensation.
Moving long distance can be a stressful experience, but by following these steps and being prepared for any bumps in the road, you can make your transition as smooth as possible. Request an estimate. We service North Carolina and Florida, and Tennessee.